The PrimeTime Health Program focuses on health promotion and disease prevention activities for older Pennsylvanians with a special focus on exercise, nutrition, chronic conditions, incontinence, mental health, injury prevention, medication management and alcoholism.
PrimeTime Health programs are typically offered in senior centers, at senior expos, and at some senior housing facilities and topics may include; aging gracefully, staying fit, Tai Chi, coping with arthritis, recognizing the signs of depression, health screenings, walking groups and much more.
Learn more about the fun programs PrimeTime Health has to offer
- The Healthy Steps for Older Adults Falls Prevention Initiative: The Pennsylvania Department of Aging offers a falls prevention program for adults 50 years of age and older. The program is designed to raise awareness of falls, introduce steps on how to reduce falls, improve overall health, and provide referrals and resources. See an excerpt of the Healthy Steps class guide. For the Spanish version, click here.
- Healthy Steps in Motion Exercise Program: A series of educational classes and exercises, with various levels, for adults to improve strength and balance.
- Weight Wise Initiative: An introduction to healthy eating individualized food plans, label reading, how fat plays a role in weight reduction, and behavior modification.
- For a list of helpful falls prevention tips, click here.
PrimeTime Health publications
- Breast Cancer: Breast cancer found at its earliest stage is 85% curable. Facts to assist in reducing risk of developing breast cancer.
- Diabetes: What is diabetes; Are you at risk for diabetes? Signs and symptoms, How the diagnosis is made; Prevention strategies.
- FLU: What is the Flu -- how is it transmitted? Flu Shots, side effects from the shot, who should and should not get the flu shot.
PrimeTime Health Events
To learn more about upcoming Prime Time Heath events in your area, please click here
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Help Yourself to Health Workshop Schedule and FY 2014 EnhanceFitness Class Schedule: Click Here