2. What if I receive a Form UC-1099G with an incorrect amount in "Total Payment" or "Tax Withheld" areas of the form?
For income tax purposes, UC benefits are reported in the calendar year in which they are paid, regardless of when the application or claim for benefits was filed.
If you believe the "Total Payment" or "Tax Withheld" on Form UC-1099G is incorrect, please contact a UC service center 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. All payments made to you and amounts withheld will be recalculated and compared to the amount on your Form UC-1099G. If the amount is incorrect, an amended Form UC-1099G will be issued.
3. What happens if UC benefit checks were returned and re-deposited into my account after the original Form UC-1099G was mailed to me?
An amended Form UC-1099G must be issued. You may contact a UC service center 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Your Social Security Number and mailing address will be verified before an amended Form UC-1099G will be issued.
4. What if I receive a Form UC-1099G after I have filed my federal income tax return with the IRS?
Any questions concerning any adjustments that need to be made on your federal income tax return should be directed to the IRS at 800-829-1040.
5. What if I received an overpayment of benefits in one year and I repaid any of it in the same or subsequent calendar year?
Note: The "total payment" section on your UC-1099G form includes all benefits paid to you during the calendar year, including benefits that were applied to an overpayment.
For more information on how to report your repayment of UC benefits on your tax return, see Unemployment Benefits and Repayments in IRS Pub. 525 or contact the IRS directly at 800-829-1040.
6. What do I do if I believe the UC benefit check(s) were not cashed by me, or were cashed without my permission?
To start an investigation, contact a UC service center 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The information provided on this site does not constitute a determination of eligibility
to receive unemployment compensation.