Skip Navigation
Job Gateway
Top 10 F A Q
Report Fraud

PAT Information


What is PAT?

Pennsylvania Teleclaims (PAT) is the department's telephone claim filing system. Call toll-free 1-888-255-4728, or for the PAT telephone number in your area, visit the PAT Directory.
If you have access to a touch-tone or pay touch-tone telephone, or a touch/pulse switchable telephone, call PAT to file your biweekly claim for UC benefits. You do not need to have touch tone service to use PAT. All that is necessary is a push button telephone with a TONE/PULSE switch. After PAT answers your call, be sure to set the switch to "TONE."
If you are a TTY user, you can use PAT to file your claims and obtain information by calling PAT at our TTY number: 1-888-411-4PAT (4728). If you are not using a TTY device to contact PAT, you should not use this telephone number. This number works only for users of TTY devices.
If you need the help of an interpreter, please contact the UC Service Center.
If you are filing for Trade Readjustment Allowances (TRA), you must file your biweekly claims by mail. Visit our Filing Claims By Mail page for additional information.

PAT Hours of Operation

PAT services such as claims filing and benefit payment information are available Sunday through Friday; and general UC information is available seven days a week:
Sunday 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Monday - Friday* 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
*PAT is available on all holidays observed on Mondays.
If you get a busy signal, please try again.
Claims filed Sunday will not be paid faster than those filed on Monday. Claims filed on Sunday and Monday are processed Monday night. Avoid the Sunday rush, for same day processing, file the PAT claim on Monday.

How PAT Works:

When you call, you will hear the available options and the corresponding numbers to press on your telephone keypad. For example: If you want to file your unemployment claim certification, press "3."
Shortcut: Immediately after PAT answers your call, you may skip the PAT menus and go directly to the option you desire. For claims filing, press "1," "3," "1." For benefit payment information, press "1," "2," "1."
Special keys you can use during your call are:
  • 8 - to return to the previous menu
  • 9 - to return to the main menu
  • # - to end your call
  • * - repeat the message
  • 0 - to speak to a claims representative

Filing a Biweekly Claim

PAT will begin by asking if your address has changed and if you want to file for the week specified. In addition, PAT will ask you questions regarding any work performed, if any holiday pay or vacation pay was designated for that week and if you were able and available for work. You will answer each question by pressing "1" for "yes" and "2" for "no" on your telephone keypad.
After you have completed the certification questions, you may choose to: (1) have your answers repeated; (2) clear your answers and begin again; or (3) have your claim processed. If a second week is available for you to claim, PAT will begin the certification process for the second week by asking if you wish to file for benefits for the claim week ending [PAT will state the available week]. PAT will ask if your answers for the second week are the same as they were for the first week. If your answers are the same, you will not need to listen to and respond to all the questions again. If the answers for the second week are not the same, PAT will present you with the questions for the second week.
PAT will inform you that your claim has been accepted or that your answers have been saved. If you meet all eligibility requirements, your claim will be processed immediately.

What's Needed When Calling PAT

You will need the following when calling PAT to file a biweekly claim for benefits:
  • access to a touch-tone telephone or a push button telephone with a tone-pulse switch;
  • your Social Security number;
  • your PIN (personal identification number);
  • the amount of your gross weekly earnings for work performed in each week for which you are claiming;
  • the gross amount of holiday pay and vacation pay for each week for which you are claiming (if applicable);
  • if you were absent when work was available the gross wages you would have earned; and
  • a pen and paper to note important information.
How Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) Works: You must use your PIN to claim UC benefits through PAT. Your PIN and Social Security Number identify you when you call. Your PIN protects you from another person trying to claim your benefits or someone else obtaining information about your claim. Your PIN has the same legal authority as your signature. Do NOT give your PIN to anyone. Do not lose the document containing your PIN.
Important: If you think someone else knows your PIN, call PAT to change your PIN immediately. (The PIN change feature is available under both the benefit payment and the claims filing options.) If you have forgotten your PIN, call the UC Service Center to request a new PIN be mailed to you.

Pennsylvania Teleclaims-PAT Directory

Pennsylvania Teleclaims (PAT) is an automated self-service system used by persons with access to a touch-tone telephone to file biweekly unemployment compensation claims, access specific benefit payment information, or learn about the commonwealth's unemployment compensation program, without the intervention of an agent. The automated services are available Sunday from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
PAT Local and Toll Free Numbers
PAT Toll free 1-888-255-4728
PAT Toll free TTY 1-888-411-4728
Español - PAT 1-877-888-8104
Allentown   610-821-6659
Altoona   814-941-6849
Duquesne   412-267-1494
Erie   814-878-5700
Harrisburg   717-231-4055
en Español
Indiana   724-599-1004
Lancaster   717-299-7560
Scranton TTY
Click here to get Acrobat Reader You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to successfully view/print some information. This software is provided free of charge and you may download the latest version by clicking on the 'Get Acrobat Reader' button.
Home Page | File a Claim
The information provided on this site does not constitute a determination of eligibility
to receive unemployment compensation.
PA Department of Labor and Industry